Table of Contents
- WPC Product Introduction
- The Advantages of WPC Material
- Market Prospects of WPC
- Application of WPC Outdoor Material
- WPC Production Process
- Production Line Operating Conditions
- Installation and Commissioning
1.WPC Product Introduction
WPC, also known as plastic wood, ecological wood, technological wood, and environmentally friendly wood. It is made of wood flour, bamboo shavings, rice husk, and other natural fiber materials and the use of Polyethylene, polypropylene, polyvinyl chloride, etc. It is a new type of building material that is formed by molding and extruding with various functional agents. Mainly used in building materials, furniture, logistics packaging and other industries.
WPC products have been used in Europe and the United States for nearly several decades. In North America, the advantages of wood plastic products have attracted a large amount of funds from the US and Canadian governments, research institutions, military and enterprises. More than 100 companies and research institutions in the United States have specialized in the manufacture of wood-plastic products and have formed a complete industry from research, collection of raw materials, equipment manufacturing, molds to marketing. The speed of development in Asian countries such as Japan, South Korea and Singapore is also very fast. The products are of good quality, high-tech content, industrialized manufacturing, wide application range, variety and large scale.
As a new material, WPC has great advantages in double environmental protection, combining the advantages of wood plastic, and conforming to national policies in recent years. It has begun to be used in decoration, building materials, packaging, transportation and other industries in China.
2.The Advantages of WPC Materials
(1) WPC materials and their products have the advantages of wood and plastic. It has the appearance of wood, strong rigidity, higher hardness and durability than plastic products, and has a long service life. It is resistant to strong acid and alkali, water and corrosion, and does not breed bacteria. It is not easy to be eaten by insects, does not grow fungi, is resistant to aging, corrosion, low water absorption, good flame retardancy, zero formaldehyde, no pollution, and its’ anti-enzyme sterilization is good. It can be used for more than 20 years in outdoor environment under normal circumstances.
(2) Good Processing Characteristics
It can be sawed, planed, cut, nailed, drilled, and ground, and the nail holding force is significantly better than other synthetic materials. It can also be used for secondary processing such as bonding and painting to facilitate the production of products with a variety of specifications, sizes, shapes, and thicknesses, and provide products with a variety of designs, colors and wood grains.
(3) High Internal Combination Strength
Because the composite material contains polyester, it has a better elastic modulus. In addition, because it contains wood fiber and is cured by resin, it has physical and mechanical properties such as compression resistance and impact resistance equivalent to hardwood, and its durability is significantly better than ordinary wood materials. It has a long service life, low price, economical and practical, and has excellent water resistance and corrosion resistance.
(4) Good Modeling Stability
Wood-plastic products will not produce cracks, are not easy to warp and deform, and have no wood knots, twill, stains, enzyme spots and other defects.
(5) High Production Efficiency
This material has the molding processing characteristics of thermoplastics, short molding cycle and few processing procedures, which is convenient for popularization and application.
(6) Excellent Adjustable Performance
Through additives, the resin can undergo polymerization, foaming, curing, modification and other changes, thereby changing the density and strength of wood-plastic materials and can also meet special requirements such as anti-aging, anti-static, and flame retardant.
Wood-plastic composite material can be reused and recycled, has biodegradability, protects forest resources and the ecological environment, and is a new type of environmentally friendly material in the new century.
(8) Good Decorative Effect
It feels a lot like wood, when touching it. And the high-quality wood-plastic material can also exude the fragrance of wood.
(9) Green and Environmental Protection
With the development of wood-plastic composite, a new type of environmentally friendly material, its good performance has gradually been recognized by users. It is a good new type of environmentally friendly material that replaces wood and steel with plastic. The material has the characteristics of low pollution, acid and alkali resistance, water resistance, corrosion resistance, high strength, and recyclability. It is filled with natural fibers in reinforced thermoplastics and is formed by high temperature and high-pressure extrusion. It is non-toxic, tasteless, and can be regenerated after use. And it’s a 100% “green” environmentally friendly product.
Comparison of the Characteristics of WPC and Other Materials:
|Performance Item||Wood Material||All Plastic Material||WPC|
|Rigidity and Load Capacity||Higher||Low||Higher than Wood Material and All Plastic Material|
|Durability||Limited (easy to corrode)||Higher||High (7-10 times than wood material)|
|Water Absorption||High||Water Repellent||Water Repellent|
|Acid and Alkali Resistance||Poor||Good||Good|
|Resistance to Environmental Pollution||Poor||Good||Good|
|Frequency and Difficulty of Maintenance||High (Convenient)||Lower (Unrepairable)||Low（Convenient)|
|Recyclability||Poor||Recyclable performance is greatly reduced.||100% Renewable|
|Safety in Use (Spikes, Wood Thorns, etc.)||Poor||Good||Good|
|Structural Size Flexibility||High||Low||Highest|
|Adaptability of Existing Logistics Handling Equipment||High||Low||High|
|Adaptability of Automated Logistics Handling Equipment||Hard||Hard||Easy|
Material technical parameters:
|Project||U.||Standard Test||Low Value||High Value|
|Elongation at Break||%||GB/T1040||3.0||3.8|
|Linear Expansion Coefficient||Mm/mm/C||GB/1036||3.5*10-5|
|UV Anti-Aging Rate||50||65|
|Compression Mold Shrinkage||Mpa||GB/T1041||1.0||1.2|
3. Market Prospects of WPC
Double outstanding economic and environmental effects are the distinctive features of the wood plastic industry. Wood-plastic materials have more environmental effects and economic advantages，the first is the protection of forest resources. One ton of wood-plastic materials can be equivalent to 2.5m3 of wood. At present, the annual demand for wood in China is about 100 million cubic meters. The actual supply is only 60 million cubic meters, and the gap is as high as 40 million cubic meters. Every 1 ton of wood-plastic materials used can reduce the deforestation of 667m2 of land.
The second is waste utilization. At present, the most widely used product of wood-plastic materials in the world is pallets, and wood-plastic pallets in Europe and North America have accounted for nearly half of the market share. According to investigations, the total amount of waste plastics in China is more than 70 million tons every year.
Waste plastics can only be decomposed more than 200 years after landfills, and toxic substances will be generated during the decomposition process, which will damage the soil; China still has about 600 million tons every year. The above straw needs to be treated, and most of the treatment methods are incineration, which causes serious air pollution and even affects the normal operation of aviation. From the perspective of using raw materials, new wood-plastic materials can alleviate the problem of “white pollution” to a certain extent, and can also alleviate the problem of air pollution caused by the incineration of waste crop straws.
With the continuous and rapid development of my country’s economic construction, huge market gaps and development needs, as well as the encouragement policies introduced by the country, and the high oil price, all provide a golden opportunity for WPC wood plastic materials, its investment value and market return It will be huge and long-term. With the continuous expansion of application fields of wood-plastic composite materials in recent years, entering new markets, and more and more replacing other traditional materials, its market prospects will be very broad.
4. Application of WPC Outdoor Material
The PE wood-plastic outdoor profile production line can be used to produce outdoor floors, outdoor decorative panels, wood-plastic fences, tables and chairs, outdoor pavilions, shelves, flower boxes, etc., by replacing the corresponding molds. PE wood-plastic outdoor landscape products have the characteristics of waterproof and moisture-proof, strong wooden feeling, anti-corrosion and insect-proof, and also have excellent anti-aging properties. They can not fade or deform under long-term sun and rain conditions.
Common Outdoor Profile Specifications are as Follows：
Finished Landscape Picture:
5. WPC Production Process （1） Production process description First, the raw materials such as PP, PE, wood powder, fillers and other functional additives are put into the high-speed mixer, mixed evenly, and then granulated by the pelletizer, and then put into the hopper of the extruder by the screw feeder. At the same time, the temperature of the extruder is preset and kept warm, and the raw materials are melted and plasticized by the extruder.
(2) Main Raw Materials
Simple Formula——Produce Qualified WPC Products:
|Main Raw Materials||Name||Form||Proportion||Remark|
|Recycle PP/PE||Pellet or Flakes||25%-37%||Melt Index 0.5-1.0|
|Plant Fibres||Powdery||70%-65%||Water ratio is less than 3%|
|Additives:||Lubricant (Stearic Acid and PE Wax)||Powdery||Internal and external lubrication.|
|Coupling Agent||Transparent Particles||Increase the strength and toughness of WPC Profiles.|
|Toner||Powdery||Different colors can be formulated by adding different toners in a certain proportion.|
|UV531 (Anti-Ultraviolet Additives)||Powdery||Prevent Fading|
|Light Stabilizer||Powdery||Prevent Fading|
|Antifungal Agent||Powdery||Prevent Mildew|
(3) Introduction of Wood Plastic Plant Equipment
|Number||Name||Quantity||Total Power||Manpower||Size (m)|
|1||SRL-Z500 Mixing Equipment (Frequency Conversion)||1||75kw||5.3*2.4*2.75|
|2||SJSP75/40 Parallel Twin Screw Granulation Production Line (300-500kg/h)||1||200kw||1||18*1.6*2.5|
|3||Conical Twin Screw Wood Plastic Profile Production Line (Without Die)||1||90 kw||1||19*1.5*2.5|
|4||SJSZ80/156 Conical Twin-Screw WPC Profile Production Line (Without Die)||1||120kw||1||22*1.5*2.8|
|7||SWP680 Crusher||1||22 kw||1||1.7*1.38*1.7|
6. Production Line Operating Conditions
(1) Public Facility
A. Power facility
Power 380V×50HZ ×3 phase
B. Air source
Air Pressure: 0.7Mpa
Conditions of Use: No dust, smoke, and oil.
C. Water Source
Water Temperature: 10-15
(2) Civil engineering such as plant and equipment foundation.
(3) Tools for installation, including overweight tools, spirit level, etc.
7. Installation and Commissioning
(1) The unit should be placed in a well-planned place, the concrete foundation of the extruder should be greater than 30cm, and the concrete thickness of the rest of the floor should be no less than 15cm.
(2) The extruder can be fixed with M16 metal expansion bolts, and the rest are laid flat on the ground without fixing.
(3) Place each part of the equipment according to the layout drawing of the production line, calibrate the center line and level of the unit. The distance between auxiliary machines can be adjusted appropriately according to the workshop site conditions. Auxiliary equipment such as electric control box and mixer shall be placed in a convenient place for operation and maintenance according to actual conditions.
(4) The electrical appliances of the unit must have good grounding protection.
(5) After the installation is completed, connect the electricity, water, and gas pipelines.
(6) Check whether the parts are loose or falling off.